Friday, March 18, 2022

Script For the New Scenes

 Now that spring break is coming, our next steps are to finalize our sound choices, get down with the filming of the therapist scene, and finish the voice-over recording. Thankfully, we already have a storyboard and a script for the filming of the therapist scene, right now it is all about simply carrying on with it and getting it done. Eugenia was able to finish the monologue on our google doc, last class, as I was editing the clips from the forest that we already have. She read it to me, and we both agreed that these words were the right ones for Maddie to say as the video advances. As seen in this monologue, we agreed on repeatedly emphasizing the sister's names, and clearly identifying who is Sarah, and who is MADDIE. We realize that we are the ones creating this opening, and we surely know for a fact who these characters are, we created them. However, when our audience watches this, they will have absolutely no backstory or knowledge, with no clue with who they are, and why will need reinforcement on who is who.

I am planning to record the voice-over and shoot the therapist scene with my aunt this next few days. I asked my aunt if she'd be willing to play the role of the therapist and she agreed! We are happy with this casting choice since not only is she an actress, but she is also in her late thirties, and has the appearance of a therapist we are looking for. There is an issue, though. I am trying to figure out where exactly to film this. It has to be a room that certainly does not look like a bedroom, since it has to look like a therapist's office. I have a bean bag and a mini sofa which I could arrange to look like an office, adding a mini desk and some flowers as well. However, I need to find a way in order to make sure that no bed or sign of a bedroom is shown in any room we choose to film in, which will be har, since all rooms in both houses I can film in have beds in them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR/ Reflection

  What a ride this has been! We are finally at the end of the road. This project definitely challenged certain skills and tactics that I did...