Friday, March 25, 2022

Filming the Therapist Scene

 After recording the multiple voiceovers, my aunt and I began rehearsing the lines for the therapist scene. We spent about thirty minutes repeatedly rehearsing these lines. I would say that doing this acting was by far the greatest challenge in this project for me so far. I did not anticipate for it to be so hard to get in character, especially since the feelings I was supposed to portray during these lines were serious and required me to act very engagedly with my emotions. Additionally, I couldn't help but feel awkward and kept on nervously laughing every time I would make eye contact with my aunt. This made this progress longer. The only thing that helped me get over my poor acting skills was the several rehearsals we did, and the tips that my aunt gave me about getting into character. After rehearsing, it took about nine takes, but I was satisfied and happy after the ninth one and felt relieved that I was finally able to get into character.

After we were done with my shots, I grabbed teh tripod and positioned it similar to the storyboard's frame, making the therapist be on the right third, but not using a POV shot. After this, I played around with the room's windows in order to get the best lighting possible. Filming my aunt's shots was a much easier process. We did the same scene and filmed both of us after taking a full take. This worries me a little because when it comes to choosing one video's sound, it will be hard since there were some improvised lines or term changes in the multiple takes we took. However, we got so much footage, I am sure I will be able to fix anything that seems out of place with some clip or sound that could go in its place. There is another realization that worried me, and it is how long this therapist conversation was. It was bout 50 seconds, which is 20 more seconds than what I anticipated it to be. I suppose I might have to cut some of the forest scenes out, but I think this might be a good thing, since some scenes during the hiking portion were a little repetitive.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR/ Reflection

  What a ride this has been! We are finally at the end of the road. This project definitely challenged certain skills and tactics that I did...