Wednesday, March 23, 2022

Recording Our Voice-Over!!

 I was finally able to record our voice-over!! I had been waiting to record this crucial part of our project because we first had to finish editing the first forest section of our video in order to know what to say, and which lines to say over which specific scenes. I was so excited to use my aunt's recording studio. She taught me some tricks on enunciating my words and being able to speak on the mood that I am trying to portray to my audience. For instance, in this case, this mood was supposed to be melancholic and anxious in order to portray this to the viewers. We stopped and did several rehearsals of just me speaking it before even getting to recording. Most of the mistakes that she helped me fix included making sure I take pauses so I don't reveal me running out of breath, keeping a slow rhythm, and getting over properly pronouncing some words. This last challenge was a bit difficult because my accent comes out sometimes, especially when I am nervous. However, practicing with her helped a lot.



Once we began recording, my aunt pulled up the script on a screen inside the booth, and together we fixed several errors. We added more sentences that we thought would give the scene better context and make it flow more properly. I was feeling more confident after these corrections, and was able to imagine the new lines over the footage of some slips. Additionally, I even threw in some sentences I myself created that I thought Maddie would say. I made sure to leave some pauses in between these improvisations so I am able to cut them if they end up not working. Once we finished, we had three official recordings, all of which she emailed to me in Mp3 and wav format in order to have two formats if one did not work. I am feeling ready to edit them and put them over the footage, especially in the case we put them and realize we need additional new lines, so we can have time to record these and add them as well.



No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR/ Reflection

  What a ride this has been! We are finally at the end of the road. This project definitely challenged certain skills and tactics that I did...