Wednesday, March 16, 2022

Group Discussion Day!

Yesterday in class we had our first group discussion meetings! These discussions were randomly assigned, and a group of six of us sat down explaining each other's projects and our challenges, as we all gave feedback. I found this group discussion extremely helpful. I was one of the last ones to go, therefore I had the opportunity to hear about other group's stories. I found out that most of our stories are all dealing with dark topics, such as mental breakdowns, a mystery murder, or an affair. It was nice to know that my group was not the only one doing a topic that was rather dark, and that other groups also chose to do mystery. Hearing their stories also made me think about aspects of my own, for example, one of the girl's problems was that she had a plot hole in her story. Together as a group, we thought about ways to fix this plot hole, one of them being just cutting out an extra part of the story to make it more simple. This reminded me of when Eugenia and I had to cut the dead father part out of our script, and made me feel more confident that other groups also had to make major changes to their plan in order to make their opening more simple and easy to understand.

I also found out that most of the people in my group were dealing with one specific issue- sound. Most of us had scenes in our openings that don't have a particular mood but cannot be shown without some kind of sound or background music because it looks awkward. While looking for sounds to help each of them I found some new websites, but one of them also suggested an option I had not considered before, which was looking for a natural background noise, and not necessarily a song. This opened my eyes, and made me realize that Eugenia and I closed our options without realizing it. I think this will be good noise to have under the Voice Over when they are hiking
before Sarah goes missing.


No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR/ Reflection

  What a ride this has been! We are finally at the end of the road. This project definitely challenged certain skills and tactics that I did...