Sunday, March 13, 2022

Draft of our Monologue

 We have finished placing all of our clips on the timeline, now we have a better picture on what to do with our new monologue. I opened our Google Doc and started writing some of my ideas, while I was doing this I realized that it would be helpful during the filming and editing process to leave some time marks, such as 0:15, or "at 0:24" in order to better show what lines are supposed to play over what exact footage. I continued to do this as I kept on watching and writing ideas of this monologue at the same time. After having a writer's block, I realized that we are emphasizing this opening on the relationship between these two sisters, therefore the opening line should be about how close they are, instead of the usual "it all started with" or the cliche "that day began..." types of opening lines. I plan to discuss this with Eugenia when we get to class

Additionally, a few days ago me and Eugenia discussed the possibility of maybe having a third person narrator, and shared examples such as "Jane the Virgin" or "Money Heist", shows that either use a 3rd person narrator or one of their own characters as voiceovers that tell the story and guide the audience. We thought we might give it a try, however, we soon realized that perhaps this would add a sense of light heartedness to what we want to seem as scary and anxious. Therefore, we decided against this idea and continue on foley lying on Maddie telling the story. Additionally, while doing this process, I also realized that the monologue should end once Maddie realizes that Sarah is missing, and that the background music should get louder as the only thing that can be heard is the video's original audio of Maddie screaming Sarahs name looking for her. I thought this would add a sense of being in the moment of realization and extreme anxiety Maddie felt when her sister went missing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR/ Reflection

  What a ride this has been! We are finally at the end of the road. This project definitely challenged certain skills and tactics that I did...