Thursday, February 17, 2022

Discussing our Genre

 Today was a very productive day! This was supposed to be our first research/planning day for the project. Unfortunately, I had an emergency and today I was not able to go to school. However, I texted Eugenia and told her we could go on a call or communicate through a google doc and we decided to do the google doc option. Once the class time started, I logged into the google doc and I shared all of my research with her. I copy pasted a link to the video from last post, and told her it was very helpful. I also wrote two mini paragraphs on my two ideas, once with the coming of age genre and the other with the mystery genre. After about 15 to 20 min of reading each other's ideas and researches, we agreed that these two genres were our top choices, however, neither of us could come to the conclusion of which one we liked the most.





This is when we decided to divide and conquer. Through our texts, we decided that it would be good to see some opening scenes from famous movies from the two genres and get some more inspiration and ideas. We decided each of us will find 2-3 opening scenes and copy paste the links in the google doc. I was in charge of the mystery ones, and she was going to find the coming of age ones. After a few couple minutes of research, I ended up finding the opening scenes for the movies of the mystery/thriller genre, therefore I decided to share with her "Gone Girl", "You", and "Split". Watching these gave me sooooo many ideas and got me so excited, especially the opening scene for "Split", I had never watched this movie before, but this scene made me want to go find it somewhere and watch it, which is a feeling I definitely wan our audience to feel when they watch our project. The use of the happy scene at first, and showing through only the mirror how the dad was suddenly killed was such a brilliant way to shock the audience and introduce the psychotic main character. After she also shared the opening scene from the edge of seventeen, we began exchanging back and forth sentences in the google doc and agreed on the main plot of our story. We want to do a story of two sisters, one who suddenly disappeared and has been gone for three years, and the sister is still to this day trying to find her even though she is forced to go to therapy to try to forget her and move on with her life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR/ Reflection

  What a ride this has been! We are finally at the end of the road. This project definitely challenged certain skills and tactics that I did...