Saturday, February 19, 2022

Getting Feedback

    Today is Saturday night, and I decided to go meet with my aunt Dani to ask her for advice in our project. She is an actress, producer, and a voice over artist, therefore she has a lot of expertise and experience in film-making. She was really excited when I shared with her how we had to create a film opening for our portfolio project. I shared with her the idea me and Eugenia had decided. In detail, I told her that we wanted to have two sisters or friends, and open our movie with just a fun interacting between the two of them. We told her how we wanted to show no signs of this being a thriller/mystery in our opening. We wanted a normal, fun, interaction between two sisters maybe getting ice cream or walking in a park, and suddenly stopping the scene after about one full minute and show one of the sisters in a therapy room with a complete different facial expression, having a conversation with the therapist about her sister's disappearance three years ago. We talked about this mood switch together, and we had discussions on what editing techniques I could use in order to make this switch as shocking and effective one. Dani has used adobe premier before, and she agreed to sit down with me and show me many techniques.

    We talked about how difference in color coding could make this switch of our plot line a more audeince-hooking one. We both agreed that me and Eugenia should use yellow and bright tones on our first half of the opening, where the scene seems happy and energetic, and then use a sudden switch of grey and white tones once we switch over to the therapy part. We also talked a loooot about sound, something I hadn't given a lot thought to. We talked about the tools I should use when the sound of the happy memory fading away, and the introduction of the therapist's voice once the scenes switch, and what I should do to make this as professional as I could. She also agreed to play the part of the the therapist! I told her me and Eugenia just need to figure out our storyboard, ideas, and our script so we can sit down and do that scene. I'm really excited, overall this talk with her made me feel more confident and secure about our project, and gave me a lot of information that I can share with Eugenia once we see each other in school next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR/ Reflection

  What a ride this has been! We are finally at the end of the road. This project definitely challenged certain skills and tactics that I did...