Saturday, February 26, 2022

Choosing The Right Shots

 Today I worked on the story board myself for a little, coming up with some ideas I could show  Eugenia next class. Now that we have a finished script, it is way easier to know what will be in the shots, therefore I could have greater accuracy at choosing which type of shot will fit what's happening in the screen better. I only worked on the forest conversation between Maddie and Sarah. Personally, I thought I we should begin the first few shots as long shots, in order to introduce our audience to the surroundings and the sister's clothes, giving the audience a greater idea of who and what is around the two sisters. After this, most of the shots were middle shots. When the conversation between the two of them begins to turn more serious and they stop walking, I switched to over the shoulder shots in order to show the sister's expressions more accurately.

When they began walking once again, I went back to the two-shots. I thought these two shots are a perfect opportunity to truly show the characteristics of each of the sisters, how they contrast, and to establish their relationship. In these two shots, where Maddie and Sarah are both standing together, the audience will be able to note on the obvious height difference between the two, and the contrast of colors/style in their clothing. Doing single shots of each of the sisters would not have been as impactful, I though putting them both next to each other would establish their relationship better to the audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR/ Reflection

  What a ride this has been! We are finally at the end of the road. This project definitely challenged certain skills and tactics that I did...